Mailing List Archive

[IMPORTANT] - ci.apache.org and CMS Shutdown end of January 2022
Hi All,

(This email is BCC many (19) lists, please reply to builds@apache.org only)

Infra has set a FINAL date of January 31st 2022 for the turn off of
ci.apache.org. This includes all of its nodes , of which the CMS node is
one. Therefore the CMS is also going to be gone on the 31st January 2022.

Any project that still uses the CMS in any way shape or form, MUST migrate
to another build and publish method.

Any project using ci.apache.org for the building and testing/publishing of
CI builds MUST also migrate away to another CI - the direct replacement is
ci2.apache.org the new Buildbot 3.2 based instance. Publishing of Javadocs
and versioned websites etc that normally publish to ci.apache.org/projects
will need to migrate their jobs to ci2.apache.org and publish results to
nightlies.apache.org instead (via an rsync step).

Projects have been repeatedly informed of the deprecation of both
ci.apache.org and also the CMS itself, so this notice should not be a
surprise to anybody.

If you don't have an INFRA ticket already open, or you don't know if there
is an INFRA ticket already open for your project, please open one
immediately so that we can get working on your migration ASAP. One or two
projects I know of have a non-standard setup of publishing and so the
earlier we get started the better.

Below is a list of projects I know to still be using either the CMS (in
whole or in part) and ci.apache.org for CI builds, there may be more.

Projects fully using the CMS
======================

Commons
DB (and subprojects)
Hive
Oozie

Projects partially using the CMS
=========================

Lucene
CXF
Tapestry
Santuario
Geronimo
Nutch

All the above except Nutch I believe are exporting from Confluence and
committing to
svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/ - I have been working on an
alternate
method that does not involve the CMS agent (or its dependents like
build_external.pl)
CXF and Tapestry at least have INFRA tickets open regarding this.

Projects using ci.apache.org for CI jobs
================================

The Board - board-site build.
Perl/mod_perl - several test builds.
AsterixDB - docs build
HTTPD - test builds
Juddi - Several test builds
OpenJPA - Several test builds
Creadur - Several test builds
JMeter - test builds
OpenNLP - site build ?
Commons - site build ?
Ponymail - site build ?
TrafficServer - Test Build + site build ?
Tapestry - test build

All builds that need migrating can be seen on this page:

https://ci.apache.org/buildslaves

Ok, those are the details, lets get started please people

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Gavin McDonald
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team