Mailing List Archive

Getting DBD::oracle to work with mod_perl
I”ve been plagued trying to get it to work; anything using DBD::Oracle would fail:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libocci.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 200.\n at (eval 14) line 3\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 14) line 3.\nPerhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected\n at /home/allwebfiles/perl/LocalModules//Cal4Defaults.pm line 37\

I tried everything in here: https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#C_Libraries_Don_t_See_C__ENV__Entries_Set_by_Perl_Code to no avail.

What finally worked for me was ldconfig command in this stack overflow link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17050541/unable-to-use-dbdoracle-from-apache-mod-perl

on my RHEL6 system I just created a conf file in the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ directory oracle.conf containing my actual $ORACLE_HOME/lib path, ran /sbin/ldconfig and bounced apache.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona