Mailing List Archive

ServerAlias has maximum length ?
I found a strange problem when upgrading from Apache 2.2 with modperl 2.09
to Apache 2.4 with modperl 2.10

I use <perl> sections to write the configuration of Apache.
To set the ServerAlias, I use:

ServerAlias => 'alias1.domain.com alias2.domein.com alias3.domein.com'
(with about 10 domains)
All domains up to 179 characters will work, all after 179 (or 180, not sure
here) will not work and will corrupt the configuration.

In the Apache configuration seen with /Perl-status all aliases are visible.
But with httpd -S only the the first 180 characters or shown and the others
will not work.

After this 180 characters the next configuration line is added (DavLockDB
/srv2/sites/sol/index/DavLock is the next configuration line)

From perl-status
'ServerAlias' => 'webhop.media2test.net sol.delos.nl media2test.webhop.net
192.168.2.5 127.0.0.1 testlab.media2test.net lab.media2test.net
thomas.media2test.net thomas2.media2test.net thomasenlangg.media2test.net
ab123.media2test.net',
'DavLockDB' => '/srv2/sites/sol/index/DavLock',
'RewriteEngine' => 'On',
With httpd -S
VirtualHost configuration:
*:80 is a NameVirtualHost
default server testlab.media2test.net (mod_perl:2)
port 80 namevhost testlab.media2test.net (mod_perl:2)
alias webhop.media2test.net
alias sol.delos.nl
alias mediafiler.webhop.net
alias 192.168.2.5
alias 127.0.0.1
alias testlab.media2test.net
alias lab.media2test.net
alias thomas.media2test.net
alias thomas2.media2test.net
alias thomasenlangg.media2test.net
alias DavLockDB
alias /srv2/sites/sol/index/DavLock

Strange ?

I solved it temporarily by using wild cart domains to stay below 179
characters.

Any ideas ?

--
Thomas den Braber
Re: ServerAlias has maximum length ? [ In reply to ]
Related but not completely we have a apache config written in Perl which
refuses to honor our PerlPassEnv beyond a certain string length - it is bad
enough for us to actively consider not writing our Apache config in Perl
even though it provides a lot of flexibility.