Mailing List Archive

Test Failures on CentOS 7.3
Fellow mod_perlers,

Hey, just noticed that 2.0.10 is out. Nice! Unfortunately I’m getting test failures on CentOS 7.3:

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/api/module.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 14 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 14
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 487 tests but ran 14.
t/api/server_const.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 2
Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 6 tests but ran 2.

Trolling through the error log, I see these errors:

Use of uninitialized value $mmn_minor in numeric le (<=) at t/response/TestAPI/module.pm line 89.
Use of uninitialized value $version in quotemeta at t/response/TestAPI/server_const.pm line 41.

$mmn_minor is set from:

my $mmn_minor = $cfg->{httpd_info}{MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR};

$version is set from:

my $version = $cfg->{httpd_info}->{VERSION};

Is there some reason why httpd_info would not be properly set up?

Thanks,

David
Re: Test Failures on CentOS 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On Mar 17, 2017, at 12:08 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> Is there some reason why httpd_info would not be properly set up?

Neglected to mention that I get a lot of these warnings:

httpd: Syntax error on line 353 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 4 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/apreq.conf: Cannot load modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I managed to get all my tests passing by commenting out this line in the system httpd.conf:

IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf

Then all my tests passed. It didn’t like apreq or cgi. Guess this configuration is a bit screwed up; got some cleanup to do.

Thanks,

David
Re: Test Failures on CentOS 7.3 [ In reply to ]
Please check if there is a package for apreq you need to install first.

Regards

Jie

Sent from my Samsung device

Re: Test Failures on CentOS 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On Mar 17, 2017, at 2:33 PM, Jie Gao <j.gao@sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Please check if there is a package for apreq you need to install first.

Turns out the problem was that it was installed, but for another Perl. Whole problem is that one can’t have multiple Perl builds with mod_perl or libapreq2 since they all have to put files in the same place (the .so files). Turns out I don’t need mod_perl for this build; I got it working for another. So I’ll just have to use a new VM to do this one if we ever do need it.

Thanks,

David
Re: Test Failures on CentOS 7.3 [ In reply to ]
You can build and install your own perl, mod_perl, Apache in /usr/local, entirely separate from those that come with the OS.

-Jie

Sent from my Samsung device

Re: Test Failures on CentOS 7.3 [ In reply to ]
On Mar 17, 2017, at 4:13 PM, Jie Gao <j.gao@sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> You can build and install your own perl, mod_perl, Apache in /usr/local, entirely separate from those that come with the OS.

Yeah, we’re using the system Apache.