Hiram Gibbard
hgibbard@gmail.com
http://hiramgibbard.com
Re: recompiling perl [ In reply to ]
On 05/10/2016 10:13 AM, Hiram Gibbard wrote:
> Hi All,

To build mod_perl

To use it, that might depend on the modules itself.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com

Re: recompiling perl [ In reply to ]
Rather than trying to mess with an existing RPM, I'd suggest you build from
source. When you run mod_perl's Makefile.PL, run it with the perl binary
you want to build against.

- Perrin

Re: recompiling perl [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 10 May 2016 09:13:27 -0500
Hiram Gibbard <hgibbard@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to recompile the mod_perl module so that it points to a custom
> Perl location, is it as simply as editing the following line:
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w

Better off using the path to locate perl:

#!/bin/env perl

will do this on linux (env may be "/usr/bin/env" on BSD, Solaris).

One advantage is that this allows you to install a test version of
perl in, say, /opt/perl/5.24 then update your path to include that
directory for testing.

--
Steven Lembark 3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing St Louis, MO 63110