Mailing List Archive

embperl 2.2 with Apache2x - already available for Windows?
Hi,
learning from the e-mail-archive of november 2006, gerald richter said, that embperl2x is not yet working with apache2x on Windows.
My question: did the situation change in the meantime?

This leads to the next question: is there already a win32 binary distribution that includes embperl2.2, apache 2.2.x, perl5.8 and modperl?

Regards
Rudolf

RE: embperl 2.2 with Apache2x - already available for Windows? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> learning from the e-mail-archive of november 2006, gerald
> richter said, that embperl2x is not yet working with apache2x
> on Windows.
> My question: did the situation change in the meantime?

Unfortunately not :-(

Currently here at ecos we are using Embperl only on Unix, so I have no
need (and no time) for porting it to Windows.

Embperl 2.2 still works with Apache 1.3 on Windows, but it is single
threaded. The missing point for Apache 2 support is to make Embperl
threadsafe, which would also make it possible to run Embperl within the
worker MPM on Unix (most of this work is already done, but there some
missing pieces).

So unless we have a buissness case which needs Embperl on Windows, or
somebody pays me for doing it, I will not be able to get Embperl running
on Windows with Apache 2 in the short term, also I would love to do so!

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **