Mailing List Archive

overwriting / patching gettext()
Hello embperl-list,
we are building i18nesd websites for customers.
I provide our and their webdesigners with .html documents generated
from our Embperl app. (crawled by wget)
They are doing their design in those pages and send them back to us.
I want to give them hints which msgids we are using.
Using embpmsgid.pl isn't sufficent because we do have a lot of
dynamically generated messages like
$epreq->getext(headline_$curr_page .

The output with an empty %messages hash is ok, but it would be nicer to
surround these labels with something demonstrative eg. !!_themsgid_!!
and to escape the %d, %s etc from format strings we are using to do
these things:
printf ($epreg->gettext(items_found), $itemcount) where
"items_found" is "we found %d items" )

I think it would be easy for somebody with only some knowledge of C to
patch the embperl_GetText function in eputil.c
so it will always return "!!_sMsgId_!!". Unfortunately and obviously I
don't have any clue how to do this . I've never seen C before and the
only thing a got is memory errors.
Could somebody give a hint how to do this? Or does someone have a patch?

Any Help is appreciated.
Thanks
frank

--
mit freundlichem Gruß

Frank Wesemann
Fotofinder GmbH USt-IdNr. DE812854514
Software Entwicklung Web: http://www.fotofinder.net/
Potsdamer Str. 96 Tel: +49 30 25 79 28 90
10785 Berlin Fax: +49 30 25 79 28 999