Mailing List Archive

Upgrade from 1.3.6 to 2.2.0: base.epl issues
Hello,

I have upgrade from apache 1.3.33 to apache 2.2.0, embperl 1.3.6 to
embperl 2.2.0, and modperl 1.0 to modperl 2.0.

My issue is it would appear that my base.epl is not being executed by
embperl. Since my embperl site did not work I copied the hello world
base.epl from the embperl website into an empty directory. When I go to
the site, I just get an "index /" and nothing else.

My apache.conf:

LoadModule embperl_module /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so

PerlModule Embperl
Embperl_UseEnv On
AddType text/html .epl

My Vhosts.conf:
<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80>
ServerAdmin murphyk@gdls.com
DocumentRoot /data/web/incidents
ServerName incidents1
ErrorLog logs/incidents-error_log
CustomLog logs/incidents-access_log common
DirectoryIndex index.html
PerlSetEnv Embperl_AppName incidents
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST sysss01h.gdls.com
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
<Directory "/data/web/incidents">
Options All FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
<FilesMatch ".*\.html$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler Embperl
Options ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
Order allow,deny
Deny From all
</FilesMatch>
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Thanks,
Keven Murphy
murphyk@gdls.com

Murphy's Law
((U+C+I)x(10-S))/20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))
U = Urgency C = Complexity
I = Importance S = Skill
F = Frequency A = Aggravation

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

RE: Upgrade from 1.3.6 to 2.2.0: base.epl issues [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> PerlSetEnv Embperl_AppName incidents

I think you have to use SetEnv, instead of PerlSetEnv here, even better
remove the SetEnv at all, since Embperl 2 can handle native Apache
configuration directives. (same for all other Embperl configuration
directives)

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **