I've been looking at Catalyst lately. I wonder if anyone has
considered the possibility of using embperl as the templating
engine? I see that views can be handled by mason already.

-Derrick

"[The Perl source is] an interconnected mass
of livers and pancreas and lungs and little
sharp pointy things and the occasional
exploding kidney." -Nat Torkington

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]

> I've been looking at Catalyst lately. I wonder if anyone has
> considered the possibility of using embperl as the templating
> engine? I see that views can be handled by mason already.

It should not be hard to write a module Catalyst::View::Embperl and use
Embperl as view for Catalyst.

Because I don't use Catalyst, I will not write yet such a module, but if you
(or somebodyelse) likes to write such a module, I will give you as much
support as possible.

I guess the actual code should not be longer than 10-20 lines

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
It is easy to do (I wrote one for Catalyst before it was version 5).

But while they claim to be very template tool agnostic, the guts of
Catalyst (at least at the time) were very much geared to Template
Toolkit, which required doing some extra work to get things out of the
TT-like structures into Embperl.

I'd definitely be interested in playing around with Catalyst again if it
had an Embperl view module.

Matt

Re: Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
I'd love to see something like this happening.

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
Matt, perhaps you could post your one as an example (or link to it
somewhere). I know a lot has likely changed but that may help someone
get a better idea how to develop one for the current release.

--
Andrew O'Brien

Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
I don't think I have it anymore. It probably got nuked when I
uninstalled Catalyst the last time, but I'll play around with it in the
Catalyst and see what I can come up with...

-M

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
Hi

I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.

Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?

Thanks

Aldo LeTellier

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
Hi

> I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
> previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
> We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.
>
> Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?

As far as I know there is no, but it shouldn't be hard to implement one. If
you like to give it a try, I will support your efforts.

Gerald

P.S. Did you take a look at Embperl 2? The application object can do much
(not all) of the things Catalyst do for you.

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
"Gerald Richter" <richter@ecos.de> writes:
>> I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
>> previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
>> We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.
>>
>> Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?
>>

> As far as I know there is no, but it shouldn't be hard to implement one. If
> you like to give it a try, I will support your efforts.

Hello,

I wrote 2 modules Catalyst::View::Embperl & Catalyst::View::Embperl::Object a month ago.

Lot's of work still need to be done, e.g. passing Embperl configuration
properly, but there are already functionnal for my own Catalyst
projects.

I clean them a bit today, and put the package online (there is a tar.gz
& debian package) :

http://www.lebars.org/tmp/Catalyst::View::Embperl/

--
Christophe

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]

> I wrote 2 modules Catalyst::View::Embperl &
> Catalyst::View::Embperl::Object a month ago.
>
> Lot's of work still need to be done, e.g. passing Embperl
> configuration properly, but there are already functionnal for
> my own Catalyst projects.
>
> I clean them a bit today, and put the package online (there
> is a tar.gz & debian package) :
>
> http://www.lebars.org/tmp/Catalyst::View::Embperl/

Great!

Did you consider to also put them on CPAN? I think this would be a good
idea!

Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]
"Gerald Richter" <richter@ecos.de> writes:
>> http://www.lebars.org/tmp/Catalyst::View::Embperl/
>>

> Great!
>
> Did you consider to also put them on CPAN? I think this would be a good
> idea!

Yes, sure. I'll do that asap.

--
Christophe

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ??? [ In reply to ]

Done. http://search.cpan.org/~clb/Catalyst-View-Embperl-0.02/

--
Christophe