Mailing List Archive

Embperl 3.0.0-rc.2 is released
I am happy to anounnce Embperl 3.0.0. It is the first release after 8 years and it brings Embperl up to date with current linux distributions and software.

The release candidate is available from https://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-3.0.0_2.tar.gz https://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-3.0.0_1.tar.gz

For installation instructions see INSTALL.pod (https://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/INSTALL.htm)

The release mainly incoporates the patches for Debian and for Fedora based systems.
It also includes some small fixes from myself.

There are no new features for Embperl itself in this release, but Embperl::Form has a lot of enhancements. If you use Embperl::Form, please test before use.

I like to thank all the people who have continually put work into Embperl:

- The Debian Perl Group, especially Dominic Hargreaves, Florian Schlichting and Axel Beckert
- Marcus Doemling for the Fedora patches

and others.

Regards

Gerald

Changes in 3.0.0-rc.2 7. Oct 2023

- Add missing test files to MANIFEST
- Documentation updates

Changes in 3.0.0-rc.1 3. Oct 2023

- Apply debian patches
(https://sources.debian.org/patches/libembperl-perl/2.5.0-17/).
Thanks to the Debian Perl Group, especially Dominic Hargreaves,
Florian Schlichting and Axel Beckert

- Apply patches for fedora
(https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=148621 and https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=148702)
Thanks to Marcus Doemling

- Fixed compilation/Makefile of/for libxml2 and libxslt

- Fixed warnings about undefined values in log. Note this
is done by goning back to the old behaviour, were
using uninitialized values were not a warning. So if
you like to have warnings about uninitialized values
add [* use warnings "uninitialized" *] to your code.

- Add a lot of enhancements to Embperl::Form