Mailing List Archive

%udat storage problems
Hi,

I am trying to use Postgres as the session database for %udat in embperl.
See below my configuration:

$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "DBIStore NullLocker";
$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
"DataSource=dbi:Pg(AutoCommit=>0):dbname=transactiondb";

I get the following error when trying to use this configuration:

[16766]ERR: 32: Line 10: Warning in Perl code: DBD::Pg::st execute failed:
ERROR: Unterminated quoted string

[16766]ERR: 24: Line 10: Error in Perl code: [Fri Jul 21 15:48:30 2000]
null: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: Unterminated quoted string

Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 HTML::Embperl 1.3b2 [Fri Jul 21 15:48:30
2000]

I have managed to use mysql with success, I therefore suspect that I state
the '$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS}' attribute wrongly.

Any clues?

Regards,
Ragnar
RE: %udat storage problems [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I am trying to use Postgres as the session database for %udat in embperl.
> See below my configuration:
>
> $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "DBIStore NullLocker";
> $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
> "DataSource=dbi:Pg(AutoCommit=>0):dbname=transactiondb";

I didn't have tried Apache::Session with Pg so far. Maybe you can try leave
out the AutoCommit setting:

$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} = "DataSource=dbi:Pg:dbname=transactiondb";

Gerald
RE: %udat storage problems [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I have tried without the AutoCommit setting without success.
>
> The point is that I am connecting to Pg through DBI with the same
> setting as
> in $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} without any difficulties.
> Consequently, I conclude that the problem most lie with the session
> management.
>
> Agree?

Yes, the problem is, that this is done by Apache::Session and not by Embperl
itself. Maybe somebody on the modperl mailing list can help you with this
problem. Maybe the problem is already sovled in Apache::Session 1.5x, but
unfortuneately Apache::Session 1.5x has changed a lot of the way it works,
so I have to adapt the subclass that Embperl uses, before it will work with
Embperl. I plan to do this as soon as possible

Gerald