Mailing List Archive

Embperl's running fine, but ...
hi,

after a severe server failure, I'm recovering my system. Baked up most
of the 'user content' but never backed up my /etc directory. :(

now I've got Embperl 1.21 running allright under Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
mod_perl/1.24 ... but everytime I restart apache, Embperl dumps a lot
of these warnings ...

Constant subroutine optRedirectStdout redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/consta
nt.pm line 175.
Constant subroutine optUndefToEmptyValue redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/con
stant.pm line 175.
Constant subroutine optNoHiddenEmptyValue redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/co
nstant.pm line 175.

and lots more...

should I care? is something broken?

martin
RE: Embperl's running fine, but ... [ In reply to ]
hi,
but everytime I restart apache, Embperl dumps a lot
> of these warnings ...
>

> Constant subroutine optRedirectStdout redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/consta
> nt.pm line 175.

I guess you have PerlFreshRestart on. In this case it's a normal behaviour,
because mod_perl reloads Embperl and therefor Embperl defines it constants a
second time. You can safly ignore these warnings.

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152