Mailing List Archive

RE: Session handlihg with older browsers :((((
> Browser do not set HTTP_COOKIE environment.
>
> This work fine only with IE 5.0.
> With Netcape 4.0x & 4.[67]x works only if i'm requesting a full qualified
> host name:
> http://www.domain.com , not with http://domain.com
> With IE version < 5.0, and Netscape < 4.x does not work.

The http specs require that the cookie domain must at least contain two
periods, so domain.com is invalid. You may try .domain.com, but I don't know
if this works.

Gerald

P.S. Please ask further questions on the Embperl mailing list

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152