cancel the submission of a form in embperl
if one of its input is empty.
Thanks.
RE: cancel submission [ In reply to ]

> I need your help. I want to know to
> cancel the submission of a form in embperl
> if one of its input is empty.
> Thanks.

What do you mean by "cancel submission". Can you describe more detailed what
should happen?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
RE: RE: cancel submission [ In reply to ]
Gerald wrote:
>What do you mean by "cancel submission". Can you describe more detailed what
>should happen?

For example i have a form like this
<form action="http://www.greendomino.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" method="post" onSubmit="
return checkComment(this); // stop submission if false
">
.. some input
</form>

I used a javascript, checkComment, to validate the inputs.
I'd like to know if there is a substitute for the javascript in
embperl.
RE: cancel submission [ In reply to ]
> I used a javascript, checkComment, to validate the inputs.
> I'd like to know if there is a substitute for the javascript in
> embperl.

Embperl is a server side tool, so you cannot validate/cancel the input
before you send it to the server. After the data is submitted to the server,
the server can validate the data and, if nesseccary, display the form again,
along with an error message. See
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/Examples.html#input_htm for an example.

Gerald