Thanks for the prompt reply on the previous enquiry! Here's where I am up to. I did the make. Did the make test. All Tests passed successfully. Then went to make insall and got the following:

[computer@server1200 HTML-Embperl-1.2.1]$ make install
Warning: You do not have permissions to install into /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux at /usr/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 58.
mkdir /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/./auto/HTML/Embperl: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 110
make: *** [pure_site_install] Error 2
[computer@server1200 HTML-Embperl-1.2.1]$

I hope there's a way I can get around this. Tallyman looks so promising. :)

Any help is appreciated.
Re: Perl path permissions on a virtual host [ In reply to ]
You need to be a super-user. You can achieve that by several way, bu the
easiest is to type the command su and then the root password. If you are
not allowed to be super-user then either allow the sys admin to to the
make install, or the permissions on that directory need to be changed.

Or, I've never had to do it since I always have the root password, but
maybe you can specifiy the prefix for where it installs the package(s) to.
Then you can simply install to a directory you have permissions for. Then
apache allows you to add environment variables in at startup time for your
virtual host that will add the directory where you installed that package.

-joe

RE: Perl path permissions on a virtual host [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the prompt reply on the previous enquiry! Here's where I am up
to. I did the make. Did the make test. All Tests passed successfully. Then
went to make insall and got the following:

[computer@server1200 HTML-Embperl-1.2.1]$ make install
Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux at /usr/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/Install.pm
line 58.
mkdir /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/./auto/HTML/Embperl: No such
file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 110
make: *** [pure_site_install] Error 2
[computer@server1200 HTML-Embperl-1.2.1]$

I hope there's a way I can get around this. Tallyman looks so promising.
:)

You need to specify a lib directory where you have write permissions to and
add it to the Perl INC path.

Read "perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker" (search for "make install") how to
specify an alternate install directory.

Gerald