Mailing List Archive

Re: EmbperlD.pod is missing required section: DESCRIPTION
----- Original Message -----
From: Mordred
To: embperl@perl.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2000 4:11 PM
Subject: EmbperlD.pod is missing required section: DESCRIPTION

Hi all,
I'll preface this with the fact I am no unix wiz. In fact I'm just learning
some basics. I am setting up a site for my company using a CGI commerce
script called Tallyman. I am trying to do this on a virtual host,
Jumpline.com. Tallyman absolutely requires HTMLemb, so that led me to try
getting it running. I followed the instructions, got the package down and
extracted it. I have done a perl makefile.PL on it. I then went to "make"
and it started compiling wonderfully. This was _without_ mod_perl support.
It compiles till it gets to the following section:

cc -c -Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL -I/usr/local/include -O2 -DVERSION=\"1.2.1\
" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.2.1\" -fpic -I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404/CORE
epeval.c
cc -c -Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL -I/usr/local/include -O2 -DVERSION=\"1.2.1\
" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.2.1\" -fpic -I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404/CORE
epdbg.c
Running Mkbootstrap for HTML::Embperl ()
chmod 644 Embperl.bs
LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -o
blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.so -shared -L/usr/local/lib Embperl.o
epmain.o epio.o epchar.o epcmd.o eputil.o epeval.o epdbg.o
chmod 755 blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.so
cp Embperl.bs ./blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.bs
Manifying blib/man3/HTML::Embperl.3
Manifying blib/man3/HTML::EmbperlD.3
/usr/bin/pod2man: EmbperlD.pod is missing required section: DESCRIPTION

and dumps me back to the prompt.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've serached the documentation and hoped
to find a solution but no luck. I might add Jumpline has not been too
welcoming in their approach to HTMLemb. The stated they have no intention of
setting it up, but that I am free to set it up in my home directory.

Mordred
RE: EmbperlD.pod is missing required section: DESCRIPTION [ In reply to ]
> /usr/bin/pod2man: EmbperlD.pod is missing required section: DESCRIPTION

This is only a warning, simply ignore it.

> and dumps me back to the prompt.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

pod2man is so stupid requiring me to write DESCRIPTION inside the german
pod, but there is no word DESCRIPTION in german, so it doesn't make any
sense to write it there.

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152