for ALL form fields, regardless if they're already contained in another
input field?

thank you.
Re: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]
From the docs:

Arg consists of zero, one or two names of hashes (with or without the
leading %) and an optional array as third parameter. The hidden
metacommand will generate hidden fields for all data contained in the
first hash but not in the second hash

I guess this should do the trick (it works for me):

[- %tmp = () -]
[$ hidden %fdat, %tmp $]

- Robert

RE: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> My question is: (how) can I use the hidden command to generate
> hidden fields for ALL form fields, regardless if they're already
> contained in another input field?

looks like everyone has his own problems with hidden. :) I've sworn
a lot of dirty words trying to understand under which circumstances
hidden doesn't recognize that the value has already been used in
<SELECT> and reprints it, resulting in "field=value<tab>value" in
the next page the data is submitted to..

anyway, the solution you're looking for is: [$ hidden %fdat $] (as
described in the manual)

Rgds,
Tfr

--==< tfr@cafe.ee >==< http://tfr.cafe.ee/ >==< +1-504-4467425 >==--
Re: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]
indrek siitan wrote:

> looks like everyone has his own problems with hidden. :) I've sworn
> a lot of dirty words trying to understand under which circumstances
> hidden doesn't recognize that the value has already been used in
> <SELECT> and reprints it, resulting in "field=value<tab>value" in
> the next page the data is submitted to..

Hi,

I'm just having the same problem - what did you do to fix it?

- Robert
Re: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]
I think the key is where your [$ hidden $]
meta-command is...

If you move it to just before your </form> tag, you
should be OK, my guess isthat right now, the
[$ hidden $] is before the select that is getting
multiple values.

--- Robert <robert@robert.cz> wrote:
> indrek siitan wrote:
> >
> > looks like everyone has his own problems with
> hidden. :) I've sworn
> > a lot of dirty words trying to understand under
> which circumstances
> > hidden doesn't recognize that the value has
> already been used in
> > <SELECT> and reprints it, resulting in
> "field=value<tab>value" in
> > the next page the data is submitted to..
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm just having the same problem - what did you do
> to fix it?
>
> - Robert

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> embperl-help@perl.apache.org

=====
Terrence Brannon
90 St. Mark's Place
Apt. 2E North
Staten Island, NY 10301
914-755-4360

http://invites.yahoo.com/
Re: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]

RE: Embperl HIDDEN [ In reply to ]

> I think the key is where your [$ hidden $]
> meta-command is...

[$ hidden $]

is the same as [$ hidden %fdat %idat @ffld $]

what means, take all values from %fdat in the order given by @ffld, but
_not_ the values that are in %idat and make hidden fields of them. %idat
contains the input fields that are already seen by Embperl, so you are right
you must put the hidden just before the form tag, because otherwise hidden
can't know which other input fields are already in the form.

Hope this makes it a little bit more clear

Gerald