Mailing List Archive

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
Hi,

I often (but not always) have this message when I load a page it has not
been loaded for a while (but while the cookie is still active) :

730]ERR: 24: Line 4: Error in Perl code: Can't use an undefined value as an
ARRAY reference at
/var/home/httpd/htdocs/vac/voyages-et-vacances/vols/combien-ca-coute.htm
line 115.

Apache/1.3.11 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 HTML::Embperl 1.3b2 [Thu Apr 27 11:14:41
2000]

This message disappears if I reload the page, say, 5 times and the correct
results appear on the page.

My code is using such declarations as :

$udat{STHING}[0], $udat{STHING}[1] ...

What does that mean ?
Apache::Session cannot store pointers or "forgets" to store some ?

Sincerely,

db
RE: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I often (but not always) have this message when I load a page it has not
> been loaded for a while (but while the cookie is still active) :

Are other data in %udat still there?

> What does that mean ?
> Apache::Session cannot store pointers or "forgets" to store some ?

There is no problem storing references to array. Apache::Session does not
forget them. If you don't have set an expiration time for the cookie, your
browser forgets the cookie when you close it. Could this be the reason?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152