Mailing List Archive

Apache::Exit comes back "undefined"
RE: Apache::Exit comes back "undefined" [ In reply to ]
>I can't figure out why the Apache::Exit isn't working.

[1157]EVAL<  use Apache; Apache::exit();
[1157]EVAL> <undefined>
[1157]TAB: nResult = 0
[1157]PERF: input = /www/htdocs/security/check_user.epl
[1157]PERF: Time: 120 ms Evals: 5 Cache Hits: 0 (0%)
[1157]Sub-Request finished. Thu Apr 27 21:17:10 2000

Are there more code in /www/htdocs/security/check_user.epl after the block
which contains exit? As you see, there are no more code executed after the
exit and the page returns. Thats just as it should.

From the docs:

exit
exit will override the normal Perl exit in every Embperl document. Calling
exit will immediately stop any further processing of that file and send the
already-done work to the output/browser.

NOTE 1: If you are inside of an Execute, Embperl will only exit this
Execute, but the file which called the file containing the exit with Execute
will continue.

Gerald

P.S. Inside a Embperl page, you don't need to call Apache::exit. Just call
exit, Embperl cares for the rest.
RE: Apache::Exit comes back "undefined" [ In reply to ]

> It
> is not exiting all the way out. Can I make it output the current page
> and then just stop?

Currently not. You need to pass something back, that tells the calling page
to also exit

Gerald