Mailing List Archive

RE: Extending Embperl
From Kee Hinckley:

> I'm building a number of Perl libraries that work with Embperl and
> which I hope to release once they are cleaned up.
>
> What are the namespace conventions for things like that? Should I
> call them HTML::Embperl::LIBRARY-NAME, or
> HTML::Embperl::SOME-PACKAGE-NAME-THATS-ME::LIBRARY-NAME, or pick
> another name-space entirely?

So far there is no convention. Please don't use HTML::Embperl::LIBRARY-NAME,
because I like to reserve this for futher Embperl core extentions. I would
suggest something like:

HTML::Embperl::X::LIBRARY-NAME

or

HTML::Embperl::Ext::LIBRARY-NAME

or

HTML::Embperl::Lib::LIBRARY-NAME

or

HTML::Embperl::Mod::LIBRARY-NAME

I think we should fix one name, so others can use it as well.

I also like to create on common place, where such extentions can be found
at. Anybody who has some usefull stuff for use with Embperl, should write a
(small) README which explains what it does and how to use it, place all in
one tar.gz archive and send it to me. I will put it up on the web.

Any comments?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152