Mailing List Archive

RE: What does CVS mean in this context?

> I am embarrassed to ask this on the list, but I see it there all the
> time.
>
> What does CVS mean in this context?

CVS means "Concurrent Version System" (see http://www.sourcegear.com/CVS for
details).

There is a CVS for Embperl, which always holds my developement versions. So
anybody who is interested can see what I am currently working on and fetch
the newest bugfixes, without the need for me to make a new version for every
simple changed I make.

See "perldoc CVS.pod" or http://perl.apache.org/embperl/CVS.pod.1.html for
the details how to access the Embperl CVS.

Gerald

P.S. If CVS is installed on your machine, the you can get more infos with
either "man cvs" or "info cvs"

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152