Mailing List Archive

Checkboxes
Gerald,

I normally avoid checkboxes like the plague, but I have a site that
really needs them to make data entry easy. Since I am extremely lazy I
set about having the unchecked and the checked values sent by enabling
EMBPERL_OPTIONS 8192
Which works great for the INPUT fields, but not the Checkboxes.

I am using this to test the values in an external module:

sub ffld_test {
my ($jj,$output);
foreach $jj (@HTML::Embperl::ffld) {
$output .= qq|$jj = $HTML::Embperl::fdat{$jj}<BR>\n|;
}
return($output);
}

The checkboxes have a name and value of 1 if checked. The 1's are
coming through, but the unchecked boxes are not.

Is there another option I have to check?
I am expecting to much again?
I searched the docs, but there was only one occurance of checkbox.

I poked around in the source a bit between lines 800 and 820, but my
knowledge of how Embperl ties in with mod_perl API calls is still a bit
fuzzy. I added some print LOG statements, but I didn't get any of the
output I expected :^(

Where does the C code get included or is that a behind the scences
function of Perl in that it looks for the so or dll files automatically?

embperl 1.3b3dev

Aaron Johnson
Re: Checkboxes [ In reply to ]
Well, I guess I was expecting to much of the browser.
When I awoke from my coma I realized that the standards say the browser
doesn't have to (shouldn't) send forward unchecked checkboxes.

From the w3 HTML standard.

17.13.2 Successful controls

All "on" checkboxes may be successful.

Aaron Johnson