Mailing List Archive

embperl, mod_perl, session management troubles
Hello,

I have ran into a problem with setting up embperl and mod_perl.

I am using Session Tracking, and mod_perl.

The problem is : when I have :
in the httpd.conf
PerlModule HTML::Embperl

I don't session tracking doesn't work and MBPERL_UID cookie doesn't get
set on my browser.

when I take out :
PerlModule HTML::Embperl
from httpd.conf, then the session tracking will work , but the loading
of pages will slow to a
crawl and soon the httpd will not serve pages.

My guess for the reason why sessions are not tracked, is that the ENV
variables (set in
httpd.conf)

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_PATH "/usr/local/www/htdocs_dev"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "FileStore SysVSemaphoreLocker"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/var/sessiondata"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH "/"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_DOMAIN "chatter.156front.com"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG "/tmp/embperl8080.log"

I've tried putting these inside and outside <File> </file> tags...

are over written. when I have the line: PerlModule::Embperl in the
httpd.conf or
if I have in the startup.pl:
use HTML::Embperl;

I've noticed the following documentation from perldoc : Embperl.pod

Notes from perldoc:
----- start NOTES ------
B<NOTE>: When mod_perl is compiled as loadable module (i.e. with
USE_DSO) you
B<must not> load Embperl at server startup time!