Mailing List Archive

Error with charset...
First, about the segmentation fault: after getting back to Perl 5.00503, it
eliminated this problem.

Now, at a later stage of the make test phase, I get this:

----------
registry/errpage.htm...
Error in Line 79
Is: >Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1<
Should: >Content-Type: text/html<
Input: test/html/registry/errpage.htm
Output: test/tmp/out.htm
Compared to: test/cmp/errpage.htm
Log: test/tmp/test.log

ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

Callback called exit.
END failed--cleanup aborted.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 9
----------

I looked at the Apache core doc and found:

----------
AddDefaultCharset directive

Syntax: AddDefaultCharset Off / On / charset
Context: all
Default: AddDefaultCharset Off
Compatibility: AddDefaultCharset is only available in Apache 1.3.12 and later

This directive specifies the name of the character set that will be added
to any response that does not have any parameter on the content type in the
HTTP headers.
This will override any character set specified in the body of the document
via a META tag. A setting of AddDefaultCharset Off disables this
functionality.
AddDefaultCharset On enables Apache's internal default charset of
iso-8859-1 as required by the directive. You can also specify an alternate
charset to be
used; e.g. AddDefaultCharset utf-8.
-----------

I immediately added the line
AddDefaultCharset Off
to the httpd.conf file.

I restarted the make test phase and I got the problem again. Maybe there's
another directive to give to Apache? Well, I'm stuck and any help will be
rewarded will a big happy smile! :-)

Sebastien Nadeau
Technicien en informatique
Bibliotheque, Universite Laval
Telephone: (418) 656-2131 ext. 4369
E-Mail: sebastien.nadeau@bibl.ulaval.ca
RE: Error with charset... [ In reply to ]

> First, about the segmentation fault: after getting back to Perl
> 5.00503, it
> eliminated this problem.

Fine. I am working on the perl 5.6 issue and it should be solved soon.

> Now, at a later stage of the make test phase, I get this:
>
> ----------
> registry/errpage.htm...
> Error in Line 79
> Is: >Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1<
> Should: >Content-Type: text/html<

This error is due to changes in Apache 1.3.12. It's already solved in the
CVS Version of Embperl (http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/embperl)

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
RE: Error with charset... [ In reply to ]

> >This error is due to changes in Apache 1.3.12. It's already solved in the
> >CVS Version of Embperl (http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/embperl)
> >
> >Gerald
>
> I downloaded the last one and now I have:
>
> registry/errpage.htm...
> Error in Line 95
> Is: ></BODY></HTML><
> Should: ><P>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error<

I just commit a few changes to the CVS that makes Embperl work with Perl
5.6. This also corrects this false error message of make test. Either fetch
it via annonymous CVS or wait until a new tarball is generated at