Mailing List Archive

Which HTML Editor for Embperl?
Friends,

Do you know of any HTML editor that one can customise to recognise Embperl tags (like Dreamweaver and ASP/JSP/PHP)?

Thanx

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com
Re: Which HTML Editor for Embperl? [ In reply to ]
any of the open source ones ;)

http://www.screem.org/
if you are a kde nutt
http://www.services.ru:8100/linux/webmaker/

here is a nice list ;)

http://www.linuxapps.com/?page=category&category=edit-html

Jeff

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 09:14:54AM -0800, Victor Sorge wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Do you know of any HTML editor that one can customise to recognise Embperl tags (like Dreamweaver and ASP/JSP/PHP)?
>
> Thanx
>

> HotBot - Search smarter.
> http://www.hotbot.com

Jeff

| 7.6.2.1. Configuring /etc/diphosts |
| |
| (taken from the Linux Networking-HOWTO) |
| Jeff Sheffield |
| jsheffie@buzzard.kdi.com |
Re: Which HTML Editor for Embperl? [ In reply to ]
At 9:14 AM -0800 3/24/00, Victor Sorge wrote:
>Friends,
>
>Do you know of any HTML editor that one can customise to recognise
>Embperl tags (like Dreamweaver and ASP/JSP/PHP)?

I use DreamWeaver, but unfortunately Embperl uses [ instead of <, so
I don't think it's going to be possible to do any customization.
Embperl makes the assumption that the editor isn't going to know how
to handle a tag-based programming language--which used to be true but
isn't any longer. What I do is wrap my more dangerous Embperl code
with <% %> and then strip those out with a pre-processor in Embperl.
(See http://www.somewhere.com/software/). Alternatively you can just
let the editor screw up the perl and set Embperl to fix it on the
fly--but then if you ever want to edit it with a text editor you're
going to get confused.
- --

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere Consulting Group - Cyberspace Architects(rm)

everyone else's.