Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London. EC3N 2SG.
Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 4513809.
VAT registration number: 809754988
Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Can we be told what to expect? ;)

Chris Denman

RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am currently working on getting it to run with newest Perl.

I have created some example for the usage of Embperl::Form and still extending Embperl::Form.

There will also be some support for using Embperl inside of Catalyst.

I hope to get it ready by the end of this month, but I cannot promise

Gerald

RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
How is it that Embperl (as good as it is), is only supported by one
person? I find this to be the best Perl templating package. Is the code
accessible via a repository? If not, would that make the difference?

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerald,

Thanks for introducing me to Catalyst! It sounds amazing.

Looking forward to the joining of the two....

Chris

RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I would be very happy for any help and contribution to Embperl.

Several people have sent patches in the past, but you are right I am the only "real" developer in the project. I have no idea how to change this.

Help would be great for

- Documentation, Tutorials
- Testing on several platforms, including supplying a patches/fixes
- Any other contribution

There is a repository, see

http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/SVN.htm

Gerald

P.S. Please keep the discussion on the list and always also reply to embperl@perl.apache.org

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Gerald Richter - ECOS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be very happy for any help and contribution to Embperl.
>
> Several people have sent patches in the past, but you are right I am the only "real" developer in the project. I have no idea how to change this.
>
> Help would be great for
>
> - Documentation, Tutorials
> - Testing on several platforms, including supplying a patches/fixes
> - Any other contribution
>
> There is a repository, see
>
> http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/SVN.htm
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I am still using Embperl extensively as part of my ongoing project,
crazyguyonabike.com. This is being expanded into other topics on
topicwise.com and then townwise.com for locale-oriented sites. I plan on
continuing to use Embperl heavily in the future, and if/when the project
starts to make money then I also hope to be able to give you more direct
support.

In the meantime, I am using Embperl on Debian, currently Lenny. If you
need any specific help with documentation (in English), tutorials, or
anything else, please let me know. I am not an expert on Debian
packaging, never really delved into it (never had to, so never have),
but I'm still here and willing to help if you need it.

Thanks for all your work on this project, I think Embperl still stacks
up more than adequately against the other templating tools out there
after 10 years.

Neil

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
We'd be happy to help if we can.

I've linked before a reference to the github tree of what we're using
internally:

http://github.com/mstevens/embperl-fork

This is just the minimal diffs required to get embperl running on current
perl (mostly sourced from this list!). It works nicely on our Redhat 5
systems.

I can probably also test anything you want looked at on debian.

RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

this sounds good. Since I never used git before, is there a possibility to simply get a diff over all files to the latest Embperl release?

Gerald

[...]

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the addressee and is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. Dianomi Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London. EC3N 2SG. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 4513809. VAT registration number: 809754988
RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think I will first bring Embperl up to date, then it would be great to get more visibility to Embperl.

Maybe it's possible for somebody to write some artices on Embperl::Form or Embperl & Catalyst or anythingelse you feel would be interesting for other people.

Also I have made an example how to use Embperl::Form, a real documentation is still missing and Embperl::Form need some minor adaption to make it more configurable, to let it work outside of my environment. Anybody is welcome to help. Latest Version of Embperl::Form is in the svn and I use it heavily in my projects, so it's already well tested

Gerald

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
I think I've sent this through before, but it's attached. It's not
original to us - just my collection of the diffs needed to get tests
passing and things actually working on recent perl and CGI.pm.

We'd rather not be maintaining our own version, obviously!

I haven't worked out the diffs to work on both old and new CGI.pm but it
shouldn't be too hard - probably something basic to detect which methods
are present?>

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerald,

Sorry to be a pain but as a full member of the Embperl fanclub I have
been monitoring my inbox excitedly ever since this post, in
anticipation of a new release. Do you have any update on when we
might be lucky enough to see one?

Many thanks

Michael

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Gerald Richter - ECOS

RE: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

I decided to not include the Catalyst module, because it's still alpha and would hold off the release to long.

I expect to upload a first beta during this week

Gerald

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
Thank you Gerald,

I'm sure I speak for many on this list by saying this is fantastic
news. Your efforts are much appreciated.

I very much look forward to seeing this beta.

Michael

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Gerald Richter - ECOS

Re: embperl releases [ In reply to ]
I wholeheartedly second this.

Thank you. Thank you.

--Todd