Mailing List Archive

A question about adding a site to success stories
Hi there,

I wonder how can I add my site, http://klassno.by,
written in mod_perl from the scratch to
'Success Stories' -> 'Sites Running mod_perl' ?

Sincerely,
Aleksandr Guidrevitch

Re: A question about adding a site to success stories [ In reply to ]
Aleksandr Guidrevitch wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wonder how can I add my site, http://klassno.by,
> written in mod_perl from the scratch to
> 'Success Stories' -> 'Sites Running mod_perl' ?
Just send in an article / snippet about it with a link and one of us will commit it.

Can't wait to read it!

1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

Re: A question about adding a site to success stories [ In reply to ]
Here it is. Feel free to fix and update this description as you wish,
since I'm not a native
english speaker ;-)

-------8<------

Klassno.by is a belarussian auction site, written in mod_perl. It is
designed primarily for the users from Belarus, and takes into account
local specifics. It uses fulltext morphological analysis for indexing
and searching.

In the hope of a brilliant future with tens queries per second and
thousands of active lots, mod_perl was selected as a development
platform in the very beginning. It uses Class::DBI and Template Toolkit,
self-made MVC framework, and is written in OO Perl. It is running Apache
1.3/mod_perl, mysql5 with triggers and views where possible, and nginx
(http://sysoev.ru/nginx) as a frontend http server.
-------8<------

Re: A question about adding a site to success stories [ In reply to ]
Aleksandr Guidrevitch wrote:
> Here it is. Feel free to fix and update this description as you wish,
> since I'm not a native
> english speaker ;-)
Done.
Committed revision 424843.

The site will sync automagically on its normal schedule.
Let me know if I've butchered anything.

Thanks!