Mailing List Archive

Re: issues with figuring out which mp version is running
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org> wrote:

> I'll also update the docs to reflect this as there are a couple
> of places this needs to change.

Here is a patch to update the docs to get rid of the use of
$mod_perl::VERSION in the 2.0 docs. I've basically replaced
any use of:

use constant MP2 => ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99);

or the similar constructs with:

use constant MP2 => ( exists $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} and
$ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} >= 2 );

I also removed a paragraph about how you need to make sure your
module's $VERSION appears before using $mod_perl::VERSION in the code
otherwise CPAN freaks out. I removed it because it no longer made
sense to have it there, since it wasn't talking about
$mod_perl::VERSION any longer.

Let me know if you want me to change anything.

---------------------------------
Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
http://www.wiles.org
---------------------------------
Re: issues with figuring out which mp version is running [ In reply to ]
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
> Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org> wrote:
>

>> I'll also update the docs to reflect this as there are a couple
>> of places this needs to change.
>

> Here is a patch to update the docs to get rid of the use of
> $mod_perl::VERSION in the 2.0 docs. I've basically replaced
> any use of:
>
> use constant MP2 => ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99);
>
> or the similar constructs with:
>
> use constant MP2 => ( exists $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} and
> $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} >= 2 );
>
> I also removed a paragraph about how you need to make sure your
> module's $VERSION appears before using $mod_perl::VERSION in the code
> otherwise CPAN freaks out. I removed it because it no longer made
> sense to have it there, since it wasn't talking about
> $mod_perl::VERSION any longer.

Thanks Frank, committed.