you may not know about mod_perl" I gave at the 2nd Italian Perl Workshop on June
2005.

At the same conference, also I gave another mod_perl related talk ("Building a
real web application with HTML::Mason"). Do you think that this is also a good
place where to put it?

Let me know if there are any problems with the patch ;-)

Regards

- Enrico
Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I attached a patch to http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/presentations.pod.orig
> that will put a link up to the the slides (in english) of the talk "20 things
> you may not know about mod_perl" I gave at the 2nd Italian Perl Workshop on June
> 2005.

excellent. committed.

nice slides, too :)

> At the same conference, also I gave another mod_perl related talk ("Building a
> real web application with HTML::Mason"). Do you think that this is also a good
> place where to put it?

I'm not sure about mason talks, or talks about other things that aren't
mod_perl specific. other opinions?

> Let me know if there are any problems with the patch ;-)

if you're up to it in the future, diffs against the svn sources are preferred :)

--Geoff

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:42:00 -0400
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

Hi Geoffrey,

> excellent. committed.

Thanks :-)

> if you're up to it in the future, diffs against the svn sources are preferred :)

I would have to practice a little bit with svn but I'll do :-)

- Enrico

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
>>if you're up to it in the future, diffs against the svn sources are preferred :)
>

> I would have to practice a little bit with svn but I'll do :-)

$ svn checkout \
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk \
> modperl_docs

$ cd modperl_docs
$ svn update
$ svn diff
etc...

for the most part, once you have a checkout you can use all the old cvs
commands and they do pretty much the same thing.

HTH

--Geoff

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
> $ svn checkout \
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk \
> > modperl_docs

ugh, sorry. that should be http:// not https:// - only people with commit
access already would be allowed to use https (IIRC).

sorry for the confusion.

--Geoff

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I attached a patch to http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/presentations.pod.orig
>>that will put a link up to the the slides (in english) of the talk "20 things
>>you may not know about mod_perl" I gave at the 2nd Italian Perl Workshop on June
>>2005.
>>

> excellent. committed.
>
> nice slides, too :)
>

>>At the same conference, also I gave another mod_perl related talk ("Building a
>>real web application with HTML::Mason"). Do you think that this is also a good
>>place where to put it?
>

> I'm not sure about mason talks, or talks about other things that aren't
> mod_perl specific. other opinions?

No strong opinion here.

An alternative would be for Enrico to create a page like I have:
http://stason.org/talks/ and we will just link to that page. Then Enrico
can list anything he want there :) When Enrico adds new tutorials and I'm
sure he will :) we won't have to do any work...

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:07:16 -0400
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

Hi Geoff,

> > $ svn checkout \
> > > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk \
> > > modperl_docs
>
> ugh, sorry. that should be http:// not https:// - only people with commit
> access already would be allowed to use https (IIRC).
>
> sorry for the confusion.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

And mea culpa, because the doc at:

http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html#Submitting_documentation_patches

explains very well how to contribute correctly to the documentation! :-)

However, IMHO the place ('download' section) is a litte bit misleading since
there is a 'contribution' section and the doc:

http://perl.apache.org/contribute/docs/style.html#Review_process

maybe has to be updated.

by

- Enrico

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
> Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
>
> And mea culpa, because the doc at:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html#Submitting_documentation_patches
>
> explains very well how to contribute correctly to the documentation! :-)

no worries :)

> However, IMHO the place ('download' section) is a litte bit misleading since
> there is a 'contribution' section and the doc:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/contribute/docs/style.html#Review_process
>
> maybe has to be updated.

ugh, yeah. I'd be in favor of just removing that entire "Diff or not Diff"
section - the docs are stable enough now that we definitely do not want
whole documents we need to manually diff ourselves :)

--Geoff

Re: mod_perl Tutorials and Presentations patch [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>ugh, yeah. I'd be in favor of just removing that entire "Diff or not Diff"
>section - the docs are stable enough now that we definitely do not want
>whole documents we need to manually diff ourselves :)

+1

Nothing is impossible.

http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
http://www.liquidation.com