Mailing List Archive

subversion migration question
hi

i was just wondering

1) what was the reasons behind the decision to migrate from CVS to
Subversion (was there for example a problem with CVS )

2) how was the migration done (via the cvs2svn ?)

./allan

Re: subversion migration question [ In reply to ]
allan juul wrote:
> hi
>
> i was just wondering
>
> 1) what was the reasons behind the decision to migrate from CVS to
> Subversion (was there for example a problem with CVS )

Well, there are plenty of problems with CVS that subversion is addressing.
But in our case, I don't think we were facing any particular problem with
CVS. IT's just that the folks at the ASF have been experimenting with subversion
a lot and found it to be a good replacement to CVS. So we just followed in their
footsteps.

> 2) how was the migration done (via the cvs2svn ?)

Yup, cvs2svn did the job.

http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3A5A5