Mailing List Archive

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/user/handlers intro.pod
> +handler, but C<Apache::OK>. If you want to set the status for the HTTP
> +response, use the C<$r-E<gt>status()> method.

this is never a good idea, for reasons I have stated several times on the
main lists.

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/user/handlers intro.pod [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> +handler, but C<Apache::OK>. If you want to set the status for the HTTP
>> +response, use the C<$r-E<gt>status()> method.
>

> this is never a good idea, for reasons I have stated several times on the
> main lists.

Right, thanks for proofreading it, Geoff. I've changed it to:

Therefore you don't want to return C<Apache::HTTP_OK> from your HTTP response
handler, but C<Apache::OK> and Apache will send the C<200 OK> status
by itself.