Mailing List Archive

Application Servers
I'd like to submit an entry for the "Application Servers and Toolkits
based on mod_perl" page:

CGI::Application
CGI::Application is intended to make it easier to create sophisticated,
reusable web-based applications. This module implements a methodology
which, if followed, will make your web software easier to design, easier
to document, easier to write, and easier to evolve.

CGI::Application builds on standard, non-proprietary technologies and
techniques, such as the Common Gateway Interface and Lincoln D. Stein's
excellent CGI.pm module. CGI::Application judiciously avoids employing
technologies and techniques which would bind a developer to any one set
of tools, operating system or web server.

There's a good article on perl.com about this framework
<http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/06/05/cgi.html>.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Re: Application Servers [ In reply to ]
William McKee wrote:
> I'd like to submit an entry for the "Application Servers and Toolkits
> based on mod_perl" page:
>
> CGI::Application
> CGI::Application is intended to make it easier to create sophisticated,
> reusable web-based applications. This module implements a methodology
> which, if followed, will make your web software easier to design, easier
> to document, easier to write, and easier to evolve.
>
> CGI::Application builds on standard, non-proprietary technologies and
> techniques, such as the Common Gateway Interface and Lincoln D. Stein's
> excellent CGI.pm module. CGI::Application judiciously avoids employing
> technologies and techniques which would bind a developer to any one set
> of tools, operating system or web server.
>
> There's a good article on perl.com about this framework
> <http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/06/05/cgi.html>.

Thanks William, I've added this entry. It'll show up online with 6 hours.