Mailing List Archive

ASF guidlines for sites
1. We need to use the ASF mirror network rather then www directly
[we've previously been pined by the board about this].

2. We should deprecate the cron/custom search and do what httpd does
and use google to search. That will UNconvolute our existing httpd
configuration setup.

I think most of this is pretty easy but tedious. More importantly, we
should switch the the new ASF CMS.

http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html

1024D/DB9B8C1C B90B FBC3 A3A1 C71A 8E70 3F8C 75B8 8FFB DB9B 8C1C
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer, FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant, P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin, Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: ASF guidlines for sites [ In reply to ]
On 2/19/2011 1:54 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> 1. We need to use the ASF mirror network rather then www directly
> [we've previously been pined by the board about this].
>
> 2. We should deprecate the cron/custom search and do what httpd does
> and use google to search. That will UNconvolute our existing httpd
> configuration setup.
>
> I think most of this is pretty easy but tedious. More importantly, we
> should switch the the new ASF CMS.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html
On another note, there exists dist.apache.org which is a seperate SVN
server. We should start committing our release candiates and releases
to that. We can look at how httpd uses it. With my infra hat, I can
help facilitate all of these.