Mailing List Archive

Re: FAIL Apache-Filter-1.014 i86pc-solaris 2.8
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Ken Williams wrote:

> As I understand it, mod_perl 1.24_01 is not a beta release, it's just a
> relatively minor update to 1.24. Geoffrey Young has been issuing weekly
> summaries of the mod_perl list for a while, and according to him (and
> thus probably according to Doug) 1.24_01 is the latest stable release
> and the development release is 1.24_02-dev.

it is a "pre-1.25" release. the _xx is intended to indicate a beta
type warning. and intended to be left out of the cpan index as some
sort of effort that people who know to find it know it is considered
a 1.25 candidate, not yet stamped an "official" release. just so happens
in this case the _xx version is stable and required for apache-1.3.14.

> I'm not sure whether Doug knows about this relationship between
> underscores and CPAN status, so I'm Cc-ing him here (also to confirm the
> status of 1.24_01).

actually, i think it was my idea to leave _xx versions out of the cpan
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Ken Williams wrote:
>
> > As I understand it, mod_perl 1.24_01 is not a beta release,
> it's just a
> > relatively minor update to 1.24. Geoffrey Young has been
> issuing weekly
> > summaries of the mod_perl list for a while, and according
> to him (and
> > thus probably according to Doug) 1.24_01 is the latest
> stable release
> > and the development release is 1.24_02-dev.

didn't mean for anyone to think I was speaking for ya, Doug :)

you want 1.24_01 refered to as the latest stable release? my thought was
that it was pretty close to 1.25 and contained several important patches
(like DIR_MERGE memory fix and proper get/set_handlers stuff)...

whatever you like, though...

--Geoff
Re: FAIL Apache-Filter-1.014 i86pc-solaris 2.8 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 2000-12-20 at 10:29:08 -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Ken Williams wrote:

> > I'm not sure whether Doug knows about this relationship between
> > underscores and CPAN status, so I'm Cc-ing him here (also to confirm the
> > status of 1.24_01).

> actually, i think it was my idea to leave _xx versions out of the cpan

Oops ;-)

Doug, maybe it's getting time to release a 1.25. I have to admit I
haven't found the time to read the mod_perl list, so I have no clue
what's keeping it from getting out.

But 1.3.14 has been out a while, and some people are relying on
1.24_01, as we see ;-)

I promise to give it a whirl when it comes, but I don't have the
time to test Betas right now.

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de | http://free.prohosting.com/~lupe |
| The equal opportunity democracy - every vote has an equal chance |
RE: FAIL Apache-Filter-1.014 i86pc-solaris 2.8 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> didn't mean for anyone to think I was speaking for ya, Doug :)

no worries geoff :)

> you want 1.24_01 refered to as the latest stable release? my thought was
> that it was pretty close to 1.25 and contained several important patches
> (like DIR_MERGE memory fix and proper get/set_handlers stuff)...

yeah, it's fine to refer to it as that, 1.25 should be out soon too.