Mailing List Archive

Re: Fw: Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE]: mod_perl-2.0.9 RC2
On 2 June 2015 at 17:18, Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 03:22:21PM +0200, Vincent Veyron wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:41:49 +0100
>> Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Just follow the instructions in INSTALL in the tarball, i.e. something like:
>> >
>> > % perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
>> > % make && make test
>>

>> mmmmhh..... hitting a wall, I'm getting errors (listed below). I tried several things, but can't get 'make test' to work
>>
>> My system runs Debian Stable ( 8/Jessie ), with this command to install Apache httpd/mod_perl :
>>
>> apt-get install apache2-mpm-prefork libapache2-request-perl libapache2-modperl2 libapache2-mod-apreq2 apache2.2-common apache2-dev
>>
>> So presumably, it's running RC1 now (dpkg -l shows : 2.0.9~1624218-2)
>
> This is actually an svn snapshot from a while ago, so not RC1.
>
> If your main concern is whether RC2's test suite works within Debian,
> then the answer is yes:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libapache2-mod-perl2&arch=amd64&ver=2.0.9~rc2-1&stamp=1433186697
>
> (at least except with perl 5.22, as I posted about separately).

What's the problem with 5.22? I don't see a separate post, except from
David Wheeler, reporting a problem with 5.22. I also found a problem
late in the 5.21 development cycle that I knew would cause a problem
for 5.22: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=101962

Is the problem anything to do with that?

I'm inclinced to just add a note to README about 5.22 woes for now so
that we can get a 2.0.9 out there that works with the latest httpd,
and then work on supporting this latest perl for 2.0.10.