From: Steve Hay [mailto:steve.m.hay@googlemail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:33 AM
To: Adam
Cc: mod_perl Dev
Subject: Re: Releasing Apache 2.4 supported Mod-Perl

It's mostly a matter of testing, which I hope we'll get more of once
we have an RC1 out :-)

Some documentation updates are probably also required to cover the
changes made for httpd-2.4.

A couple of tests currently still fail on Windows, but we can add a
"Known Problems" note somewhere to cover that -- it shouldn't hold up
the release.

RC1 release: Updating status page [ In reply to ]
Suggestion change for http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html :

<begin>
mp24 is mod_perl for the 2.4.x branch of the Apache HTTPD Server
mp2 is mod_perl for the 2.2.x branch of the Apache HTTPD Server.
mp1 is mod_perl for the 1.3.x branch of the Apache HTTPD Server.

mp2 is fully compatible with httpd 2.0.x , and supports most of the 2.2.x feature set.
mp24 RC supports the 2.4.x feature set. Install it and let us know about any abnormalities you encountered.
<end>

(link hereby the word "abnormalities" to http://perl.apache.org/bugs/index.html)

Re: RC1 release: Updating status page [ In reply to ]
We can certainly update the page when we have an RC out, but note that
2.0.9 will be for all httpd-2.x.x; there is no separate "mp24" for
2.4.x.

RE: RC1 release: Updating status page [ In reply to ]
Allright, sounds good. What does it take to bring RC out? Is it something to be done by two hands or is there room for contribution from others?