Mailing List Archive

Re: Apache 2.4 adoption
On 07/02/2013 09:47, Jan Kaluža wrote:
[snip]
> The problem is that I have little experience with Perl or mod_perl. I'm
> trying to improve current situation, but I don't want to be the
> upstream, because I'm not active mod_perl (or even Perl) user.

[snip]

> Maybe there is someone here who loves that project so much that he could
> actually help maintaining it?
>
> Regards,
> Jan Kaluza

If I make it to AC (still unsure, unfortunately) and have some time at
the hackathon (also iffy), I'd be happy to lend a pair of hands and/or
eyes to help review your changes. Will you be there?

Though I've done XS development, a bit of mod_perl stuff in the past and
httpd, I don't have time to turn that into a long-term commitment.

Issac

Re: Apache 2.4 adoption [ In reply to ]
On 2/7/2013 2:31 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> On 07/02/2013 09:47, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> [snip]
>> The problem is that I have little experience with Perl or mod_perl. I'm
>> trying to improve current situation, but I don't want to be the
>> upstream, because I'm not active mod_perl (or even Perl) user.
>>
> [snip]
>

>> Maybe there is someone here who loves that project so much that he could
>> actually help maintaining it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jan Kaluza
>
> If I make it to AC (still unsure, unfortunately) and have some time at
> the hackathon (also iffy), I'd be happy to lend a pair of hands and/or
> eyes to help review your changes. Will you be there?
>
> Though I've done XS development, a bit of mod_perl stuff in the past and
> httpd, I don't have time to turn that into a long-term commitment.
>

> Issac

I'm up for working on the code. My C fu is not strong, and I have no XS
experience. But I'm willing. I even tried:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@perl.apache.org/msg13156.html

But without some hand holding I'm not sure what to do.

-Andy