Mailing List Archive

Apache 2.4 make test
I'm attempting to fix a "make test" that is failing:

$ t/TEST -verbose api/access
... lots of output ...

# testing : auth_type
# expected: none
# received: undef
not ok 8
# testing : auth_type
# expected: Basic
# received: Basic
ok 9
ok 10

After searching around a little (there are lots of generated files), I think I've come across the source:

xs/Apache2/Access/Apache2__Access.h

static MP_INLINE
const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
char *type)
{
if (type) {
mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
}

return ap_auth_type(r);
}

ap_auth_type(): Older doc say "If no authentication menthod is applicable, this routine returns NULL". I cannot seem to find the function at http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.4/index.html

I'm not sure how this used to work... but would I want to do something like:

static MP_INLINE
const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
char *type)
{
if (type) {
mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
}

const char *tmp = ap_auth_type(r);
if (! tmp){
return "none";
}
else {
return tmp;
}
}

am I in the right ballpark here?

-Andy

Re: Apache 2.4 make test [ In reply to ]
On 09/28/2012 05:50 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
> I'm attempting to fix a "make test" that is failing:
>
> $ t/TEST -verbose api/access
> ... lots of output ...
>
> # testing : auth_type
> # expected: none
> # received: undef
> not ok 8
> # testing : auth_type
> # expected: Basic
> # received: Basic
> ok 9
> ok 10
>

> After searching around a little (there are lots of generated files), I
> think I've come across the source:
>
> xs/Apache2/Access/Apache2__Access.h
>
> static MP_INLINE
> const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
> char *type)
> {
> if (type) {
> mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
> }
>
> return ap_auth_type(r);
> }
>
> ap_auth_type(): Older doc say "If no authentication menthod is
> applicable, this routine returns NULL". I cannot seem to find the
> function at http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.4/index.html

Not sure if it's still actual, but this is not apr function, you can
find its definition as it's in 2.2 branch in http_core.h [1].

In 2.4, it returns NULL only when mod_authn_core is not loaded I think [2].

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/include/http_core.h?revision=1166612&view=markup

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/server/core.c?revision=1373168&view=markup

> I'm not sure how this used to work... but would I want to do something
> like:
>

> static MP_INLINE
> const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
> char *type)
> {
> if (type) {
> mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
> }
>
> const char *tmp = ap_auth_type(r);
> if (! tmp){
> return "none";
> }
> else {
> return tmp;
> }
> }
>

> am I in the right ballpark here?

I think this looks OK, but I don't have big experience with mod_perl :).
I'm not sure if you should not return Perl equivalent of NULL in this
case to do the same thing as ap_auth_type.

> -Andy

Jan Kaluza