Mailing List Archive

Apache ASP question - RedHat Linux - Plesk8.2
Hi There,

I'm new to plesk and web administration and have a simple asp question to
ask.

Is there a way I can test that Apache ASP is working properly on our install
of Plesk 8.2 under Redhat Linux?

Platform: psa8.2.0/RedHatel3
perl-Apache-ASP: 2.57-rhel3.build82070706.15

This is the line about asp in the /conf/httpd.include file for the domain
I'm testing with.

<Files ~ (\.asp$)>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::ASP
PerlSetVar Global /tmp
</Files>

I've created a sample "test.asp" (code below) but when I bring it up it on
Internet Explorer I get "The page cannot be displayed" message (on Firefox
it just returns a blank page). To get plesk/apache to display .asp pages, do
I have to enable something somewhere - if so where is this done on
plesk/apache?

test.asp

<%
$Response->Write("Hello, world!");
%>

Thanks.

Andy

Re: Apache ASP question - RedHat Linux - Plesk8.2 [ In reply to ]
hc_andy wrote:

> I've created a sample "test.asp" (code below)

Where did you put it? What are the permissions on the file? What
happens if you copy it to test.html and replace the Write() call with
plain old static text?

> To get plesk/apache to display .asp pages, do
> I have to enable something somewhere

Plesk being Plesk, it should just work once you've installed the module.

If it doesn't, it can be a mess to find out why not, because Plesk likes
to create alternate copies of configuration files in odd locations which
it uses instead of the standard copy, which it leaves in place just to
confuse you. The only solution to this is to stop using Plesk and go
old school. (I am speaking as one who is strongly considering changing
hosting providers for this very reason.)

> <%
> $Response->Write("Hello, world!");
> %>

The syntax of your test file is fine. The problem lies elsewhere.

Re: Apache ASP question - RedHat Linux - Plesk8.2 [ In reply to ]
I have placed test.asp in the httpdocs folder with file permissions set to
755. HTML and PHP files are loading without any problems from inside this
folder.

I've posted on the swsoft forum but have had no response. I can see that the
apache asp module "appears" to be installed because the option to
enable/disable apache asp support is on the Plesk Control Panel.

Just wondering where to look, how to test and whether apache asp has been
correctly installed by plesk.