Mailing List Archive

Apache2.2 windows ans ASP vhost prob
Hello folks,
I am in need of some expert guidance. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place
though so please point me in the right direction if not. In this case sorry
to take up your time.
I had Apache 2.2 with ActicePerl 5.8.8.819 and VHOSTS working satisfactorily
[I think] until I installed ASP 2.55 via the PPM GUI utility on WinXP-Home.
After copying the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\asp\eg folder and making
the config for ASP changes to httpd.conf the ASP seemed to work OK when
accessed by http://localhost/asp/eg.

So I then copied the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp\eg the DocRoot
for my first VHOST and placing the ASP config parameters into an .htaccess
file in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp to serve ASP documents they don't work
on the VHOST when I access them as http://petes.xxxx.net/asp/...

I have checked and double checked the config for ASP and Apache VHOSTS but I
can't spot anything obvious.
Has anyone else had similar woes? Indeed has anyone used ASP with VHOSTS
perhaps?

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Ian t
Re: Apache2.2 windows ans ASP vhost prob [ In reply to ]
turnbui wrote:
> I installed ASP 2.55

2.59, surely?

> So I then copied the C:\Perl\eg\IEExamples directory to my C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\iansthtdocs\asp\eg the DocRoot
> for my first VHOST and placing the ASP config parameters into an .htaccess
> file in C:\Program Files\Apache Software

Try putting the ASP configuration inside the <VirtualHost> block in the
httpd.conf file. Even if having it in .htaccess did work, it would be
much slower.

Re: Apache2.2 windows ans ASP vhost prob [ In reply to ]
Sorry Warren, clicked wrong place,
No PPM GUI reports it as 2.55.
Thanks for the advice on it being faster but unfortunately didn't fix it.