p.s. I have tried posting this message to the Yahoo Apache::ASP group a
few times and it never seems to appear / send. Assuming my account is
botched. Apologies for duplication if infact folk have received it.

Re: Install problem [ In reply to ]
Andrew Koebrick wrote:

> [error] Can't locate Apache2/RequestRec.pm in @INC

[snip]

> mod_perl-1.99_16-3

The current version of Apache::ASP assumes that you are using the new
mod_perl 2.0 interfaces. 1.99_16 uses the old mod_perl 1.0 interfaces.

One option is to upgrade mod_perl. The dependency net that package is
caught in makes this a messy path.

The way I choose is to edit the file referenced in that error message
(ApacheCommon.pm), changing all the "Apache2"s to "Apache". Then try
starting httpd. It will fail again, telling you one more module that it
cannot find; edit the file again, and remove the line that references
it. httpd will start now.