Mailing List Archive

Asp-perl and perl -c, SESSION_ID, MapPath -- Enhancements -- Ideas?
Hi,

I really like using Apache::ASP, but I miss using the perl -c syntax checker
under Apache::ASP. I used to find a lot of my mistakes much sooner! I know I
can run asp-perl to run from the command line and check errors there --
although that's not much different than just running a file on the server.
Asp-perl also actually runs the script, which I might not want to happen all
the time.

Is there some way I can use asp-perl (or some other cleverness) just to
check the syntax or compilation of an .asp file from the command line?

Also, how about being able to pass a session id into asp-perl? I could
modify every script to take key value pair session_id = xxx and treat it as
the cookie, but that would involve changing every script. Or maybe just the
global.asa Script_OnStart()...but that would be a security problem?

Another recent discovery of mine is that $Server->MapPath isn't available to
the asp-perl. This is from not having the Apache::Request object available,
so it can't really say where it is. Could this be fixed? Anyway, that's a
showstopper with my app, unless I do a bit of a rewrite.

Do we just have to grit our teeth and test with server all the time? Any
suggestions or advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Bernie David