have a syntax error or some such other compile problem .. but no line
numbers within my script are named or highlighted. Gives me nothing
in my script to look at or fix.

Is there some config I can change to beef up the error messages put
out .. anything to point me to something in my script (and not
asp.pm). I spent all day deskchecking but nothing gets me past
this "line 1462" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Apache::ASP on Windows Compile Error -- not in my script [ In reply to ]
Raymond Schelp wrote:

>I get message basically saying ... compile error in ... asp.pm line
>1462. It gives an apache directory and says compile error is in
>asp.pm (which I can't locate) and not in my script. I know I must
>have a syntax error or some such other compile problem .. but no line
>numbers within my script are named or highlighted. Gives me nothing
>in my script to look at or fix.
>
>Is there some config I can change to beef up the error messages put
>out .. anything to point me to something in my script (and not
>asp.pm). I spent all day deskchecking but nothing gets me past
>this "line 1462" message.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try to set Debug to 1 during Loader is precompiling the
scripts, like this:
Apache::ASP->Loader(
'/path/to/scripts',"(asp)",
Global => '/var/tmp',
Debug => 1,
UseStrict => 1,
StatINC => 0);
UseStrict is also a good idea..
with this in startup.pl apache should print all compile errors and final
compilation results to STDERR on *nix systems. I don't really know what
happens on windows if apache is installed as a service, though.

Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou