Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:21:40 -0400
From: Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com>
To: Drew Taylor <dtaylor@vialogix.com>
Cc: axkit@sergeant.org
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Web Page designers needed!

At 09:26 15/06/2000 -0400, Drew Taylor wrote:
>I can totally understand both sides, BUT I'd have to say I lean towards
>the "pretty" version. We can always have the long, boring documentation
>in a seperate section of the site. ;-)

I think/hope that that is what will eventually happen.

>And considering that modperl.com is all about the mod_perl book, I'm
>guessing you have some insider acquaitances with the gurus?

Nope, I don't. My mistake, I meant modperl.org which was iirc purchased by
Baiju Thakkar for the purpose of having a proper url (and the ability to
use subdomains). I don't think it's up yet.

-- robin b.
The more you run over a dog, the flatter it gets.
Re: [OT] Re: Web Page designers needed! (fwd) [ In reply to ]
brian mosely wrote:
>i agree that we should have separate developer and 'marcomm'
>sites, and that using modperl.org would be preferable.

Yes. I see the new design is to be brought online, would this be the time
to think about such details ?

>perhaps we can use the gnome sites (http:/www.gnome.org/)
>for organizational inspiration? i especially like how the
>most prominent part of the navigation system deals with
>helping people perform concrete tasks. and it makes a lot of
>sense that the bug system is accessible from the main site,
>while bonsai, lxr etc are left to the developer site.

yes gnome.org does make sense to me too.

-- robin b.
Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us
who do.
Re: [OT] Re: Web Page designers needed! (fwd) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Yes. I see the new design is to be brought online, would
> this be the time to think about such details ?

perhaps. altho i can't volunteer currently for anything more
than committing the new site. but if someone wants to make a
proposal for a 'non-developer' site, i'm sure we'd be happy
to review it.
Re: [OT] Re: Web Page designers needed! (fwd) [ In reply to ]
At 02:09 20/06/2000 -0700, brian moseley wrote:
>On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:
>
>> Yes. I see the new design is to be brought online, would
>> this be the time to think about such details ?
>
>perhaps. altho i can't volunteer currently for anything more
>than committing the new site. but if someone wants to make a
>proposal for a 'non-developer' site, i'm sure we'd be happy
>to review it.

I don't have much time to provide more than a template right now, but this
summer will be different (I'm finishing that dead-end project I got
involved in at last). Also, with due modifications re the different content
and the feedback I received, my previous template
(http://www.knowscape.org/modperl/) is still available if people agree.

-- robin b.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.