receiver. Looks pretty good.

I'm assuming it would work with Maemo Mapper on my N810, a lot better
than the built-in chip which can have appalling acquisition times, and
sucks power.

Anyone know any different ?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=109827

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Re: N810 and Garmin GLO ? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Andrew Daviel wrote:
> I just read a review of the Garmin GLO GPS/GLONASS
> receiver. Looks pretty good.

> I'm assuming it would work with Maemo Mapper on my N810, a lot better than
> the built-in chip which can have appalling acquisition times, and sucks
> power.

Well, I bought the thing. Works fine with my E71 phone, and I thought it
didn't with the N810 but then it started working when I changed the GPS
settings in the control menu (as opposed to in maemo mapper). The
passcode for pairing seems to be 1234 but it's not documented.

I'm not sure about power drain - I'm not sure the internal chip is really
turned off (the icon is on). It's certainly more sensitive and faster to
acquire than the builtin.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada