--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you. (Psalm 63:3)
Re: Modrana problem [ In reply to ]
I've been using modrana on the the N900 for close to 18 months now with little problem. The developer (MartinK) is still quite active on TMO and is happy to help with problems and fixes if something turns out to be broken. I'd suggest you check out his thread there.

http://forums.internettablettalk.com/showthread.php?t=58861

---- Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Modrana was never really usable for me.

A few days ago I decided to try it out again because it looks promising and
I was hoping that with updated versions it will become useful.

I let Modrana download more than 95000 tiles (for about 12 hours) and it
just shows now map except on zoom level 1 (or 0?).

When running it from the commandline I see this:

mapTiles: exception while drawing the map layer: float division
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/modrana/modules/mod_mapTiles.py", line 498, in drawMap
cx1,cy1 = (sw*(cx-px1)/pdx,sh*(cy-py1)/pdy) #this is basically the
pxpy2xy function from mod_projection inlined
ZeroDivisionError: float division
Shutting-down modules

Does anyone have success with Modrana on the N900?

Regards
Johann

Re: Modrana problem [ In reply to ]
On 8 June 2012 17:09, Craig Woodward <woody@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> I've been using modrana on the the N900 for close to 18 months now with
> little problem. The developer (MartinK) is still quite active on TMO and
> is happy to help with problems and fixes if something turns out to be
> broken. I'd suggest you check out his thread there.
>
> http://forums.internettablettalk.com/showthread.php?t=58861

After purging Modrana and reinstalling it, I got the maps back, but it's
offline operation is so bad that I removed it again. It just failed to
download new tiles and searching an address took an eternity without
results.

Regards
Johann

Re: Modrana problem [ In reply to ]
Am 09.06.2012 11:56, schrieb Johann Spies:

> After purging Modrana and reinstalling it, I got the maps back, but it's
> offline operation is so bad that I removed it again. It just failed to
> download new tiles and searching an address took an eternity without
> results.

For offline navigation, I recommend navit from this repos:

URL http://bokomoko.de/~rd/maemo/
Distribution unstable/
Components (leave empty)

And I would look at cloudgps as an alternative to modrana.

CU Michael
--
"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you." --
K.Cobain
Re: Modrana problem [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 19 June 2012 13:13:49 Michael Rösch wrote:
> Am 09.06.2012 11:56, schrieb Johann Spies:
> > After purging Modrana and reinstalling it, I got the maps
> > back, but it's offline operation is so bad that I removed it
> > again. It just failed to download new tiles and searching
> > an address took an eternity without results.
>
> For offline navigation, I recommend navit from this repos:
>
> URL http://bokomoko.de/~rd/maemo/
> Distribution unstable/
> Components (leave empty)
>
> And I would look at cloudgps as an alternative to modrana.
>
> CU Michael

Stupid question, but why is Navit in separate repository and not
in Extras-Devel? A lot of user/developer/testers does not know
that some external repository is there for Navit...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com
Re: Modrana problem [ In reply to ]
Am 26.06.2012 12:46, schrieb Pali Rohár:

> Stupid question, but why is Navit in separate repository and not
> in Extras-Devel? A lot of user/developer/testers does not know
> that some external repository is there for Navit...

Good point, maybe you ask Rainer Dorsch the maintainer of the package
why he has chosen this way:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38800&highlight=navit&page=60

CU Michael
--