Mailing List Archive

Request: Please update vim for maemo
Hi, list

It's my first post on the list, please pardon for my poor English ;p

I'm using vim on maemo and like it, some inconvenients exist:

1. version for maemo is too old, the latest version of vim contains many
important features and updates.

2. version for maemo doesn't have feature 'autochdir'.

Please update it to the latest version.

Thank you.

Yue Wu

State Key laboratory of Natural Products and Functions
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China
Re: Request: Please update vim for maemo [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 May 2012 08:47:50 Yue Wu wrote:
> Hi, list
>
> It's my first post on the list, please pardon for my poor
> English ;p
>
> I'm using vim on maemo and like it, some inconvenients exist:
>
> 1. version for maemo is too old, the latest version of vim
> contains many important features and updates.
>
> 2. version for maemo doesn't have feature 'autochdir'.
>
> Please update it to the latest version.
>
> Thank you.

Hi!

write request directly to vim package maintainers:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/vim/

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com
Re: Request: Please update vim for maemo [ In reply to ]
On 28 May 2012 08:44, Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:

> write request directly to vim package maintainers:
> http://maemo.org/packages/view/vim/

The package maintainers have seen. It's fairly low down on my todo
list, but patches welcome:

https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/packages/vim.pkg/?root=mud-builder

All it should need is updating mud.xml to point at a newer release.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/
Re: Request: Please update vim for maemo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 28 May 2012 15:59:19 +0800, Andrew Flegg <andrew@bleb.org> wrote:

> On 28 May 2012 08:44, Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> write request directly to vim package maintainers:
>> http://maemo.org/packages/view/vim/
>
> The package maintainers have seen. It's fairly low down on my todo
> list, but patches welcome:
>
> https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/packages/vim.pkg/?root=mud-builder
>
> All it should need is updating mud.xml to point at a newer release.
>
> Cheers,

Thank you all, will wait for it :)