flashes up and that's it. What is the best thing to do?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk
Re: n900 doesn't boot after reinstalling kernel-power [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Dirk <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After reinstalling kernel-power and the modules (48), my N900 doesn't boot
> anymore. It turns on and the after a while the nokia boot screen flashes up
> and that's it. What is the best thing to do?

You should be able to flash the old kernel back using the flasher. Get
the latest PR1.3 firmware image for your region/phone from:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Then you can do:

flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F <firmware-image>
Re: n900 doesn't boot after reinstalling kernel-power [ In reply to ]
On 08/30/2011 06:14 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Dirk<schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After reinstalling kernel-power and the modules (48), my N900 doesn't boot
>> anymore. It turns on and the after a while the nokia boot screen flashes up
>> and that's it. What is the best thing to do?
> You should be able to flash the old kernel back using the flasher. Get
> the latest PR1.3 firmware image for your region/phone from:
> http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
>
> Then you can do:
>
> flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F<firmware-image>

Thanks man! That worked. Now it uses the default kernel I suppose? What
to do with the kernel-power v48, try again or avoid it or better go for 47?

Regards,
Dirk
Re: n900 doesn't boot after reinstalling kernel-power [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Dirk <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 06:14 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Dirk<schoappied@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After reinstalling kernel-power and the modules (48), my N900 doesn't
>>> boot
>>> anymore. It turns on and the after a while the nokia boot screen flashes
>>> up
>>> and that's it. What is the best thing to do?
>>
>> You should be able to flash the old kernel back using the flasher. Get
>> the latest PR1.3 firmware image for your region/phone from:
>> http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
>>
>> Then you can do:
>>
>> flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F<firmware-image>
>
> Thanks man! That worked. Now it uses the default kernel I suppose? What to
> do with the kernel-power v48, try again or avoid it or  better go for 47?

I'm using 48 just fine here. I use multiboot, so maybe the installaton
was a little different for me.

I would check just to be sure the v48 modules are really installed.
They should be in /lib/modules/2.6.28.10power48. On my device I have
/lib/modules/current which is a symlink to the previously mentioned
path. Not sure if that's normal or related to multiboot.

If the modules looks okay, then on your N900, if you run this command
it'll try flashing the power kernel again:
apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel-power kernel-power-flasher

If it fails to boot you can always reflash the stock kernel again to
get it back.

Check out http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power for more clues.

Good luck!