I installend the Maemo Community SSU-20.2010.36 2maemo14.1 with kernel
2.6.28.10 Linux Nokia-N900-power47

Any suggestion?
Re: apt-get .. segmentation fault .. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Maurizio Napolitano <napoogle@gmail.com> wrote:
> On my N900 the command apt-get (and its front-end) does'nt work.
> The shell command writes me "Segmentation fault": (
>
> I installend the Maemo Community SSU-20.2010.36 2maemo14.1 with kernel
> 2.6.28.10 Linux Nokia-N900-power47
>
> Any suggestion?

Try to delete these files (make a backup of them first):

/var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
/var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin

I remember reading that apt can crash if those files became corrupted somehow.
Re: apt-get .. segmentation fault .. [ In reply to ]
thanks a lot for the tip!
Now works!!!

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Maurizio Napolitano <napoogle@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On my N900 the command apt-get (and its front-end) does'nt work.
>> The shell command writes me "Segmentation fault": (
>>
>> I installend the Maemo Community SSU-20.2010.36 2maemo14.1 with kernel
>> 2.6.28.10 Linux Nokia-N900-power47
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>
> Try to delete these files (make a backup of them first):
>
> /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
> /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
>
> I remember reading that apt can crash if those files became corrupted somehow.

Maurizio "Napo" Napolitano
http://de.straba.us
Re: apt-get .. segmentation fault .. [ In reply to ]
ext Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@gmail.com> writes:

> Try to delete these files (make a backup of them first):
>
> /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
> /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin

A backup is not needed; these files are pure caches and do not contain
anything that couldn't be recreated by apt-get.