Mailing List Archive

geotagging pictures from N900
I wonder if this is possible through another app or within the same app.

I know I can put some tags, but I havent seen any app recognizing the gps tag.

--
Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"
Re: geotagging pictures from N900 [ In reply to ]
The N900 camera app can record gps position while taking photos, and
save it within them... Is it what you are asking about?

2011/4/24 Kahlil Johnson <jzarecta@gmail.com>:
> I wonder if this is possible through another app or within the same app.
>
> I know I can put some tags, but I havent seen any app recognizing the gps tag.
>
> --
> Kahlil Johnson
> "Ya tengo GMAIL!!"

J. Manrique López de la Fuente
http://www.jsmanrique.es
Re: geotagging pictures from N900 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente
<jsmanrique@gmail.com> wrote:
> The N900 camera app can record gps position while taking photos, and
> save it within them... Is it what you are asking about?

Yes that is what I am asking, because I don't see my GPS turning on
when taking the picture, and even if I can assign cities and other
info to the image, is just pre-set information, not really coordinates
in the GPS, so if this is the normal behavior. Can you tell me how can
I look up this info?

BTW I am trying to import the images to OpenStreetMap.

> 2011/4/24 Kahlil Johnson <jzarecta@gmail.com>:
>> I wonder if this is possible through another app or within the same app.
>>
>> I know I can put some tags, but I havent seen any app recognizing the gps tag.
>>
>> --
>> Kahlil Johnson
>> "Ya tengo GMAIL!!"

> J. Manrique López de la Fuente
> http://www.jsmanrique.es

Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"
Re: geotagging pictures from N900 [ In reply to ]
Let's see if this is what you are looking for:
http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/11/27/n900-geotagging-and-sharing-photos-online-video/

You need to activate the "radar" icon down on the cam user interface

Re: geotagging pictures from N900 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente
<jsmanrique@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's see if this is what you are looking for:
> http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/11/27/n900-geotagging-and-sharing-photos-online-video/
>
> You need to activate the "radar" icon down on the cam user interface

ah regards, that's what I was looking for.

> 2011/4/24 Kahlil Johnson <jzarecta@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente
>> <jsmanrique@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The N900 camera app can record gps position while taking photos, and
>>> save it within them... Is it what you are asking about?
>>>

>> Yes that is what I am asking, because I don't see my GPS turning on
>> when taking the picture, and even if I can assign cities and other
>> info to the image, is just pre-set information, not really coordinates
>> in the GPS, so if this is the normal behavior. Can you tell me how can
>> I look up this info?
>>
>> BTW I am trying to import the images to OpenStreetMap.

>>> --
>>> J. Manrique López de la Fuente
>>> http://www.jsmanrique.es
>>>

>> --